In response to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the SINF grant application process and funding are being put on hold for the FY20 grant cycle. We appreciate your interest and support of the SINF program and look forward to sharing an update soon.
Seeding research and education relating to patient care and prevention
Since 2011, the Sister Institution Network Fund (SINF) grant program has supported 143 projects through which MD Anderson faculty have collaborated with researchers and physician-scientists from over 60 collaborating institutions, including 35 sister institutions, across 37 countries to exchange knowledge with the shared mission of eliminating cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world.
The SINF seeds collaborative research between MD Anderson and its Cancer Network members and sister institutions. This initial support is intended to assist projects that will ultimately compete for funding from external agencies.
- All MD Anderson faculty at the ranks of Assistant, Associate, and full Professor are eligible to apply.
- Nurses with faculty appointments or non-faculty nurses with a faculty mentor are eligible to apply.
- Applications must include at least one sister institution/MOU, Cancer Network partner, associate, affiliate or certified member relationship.
- Letter of Intent (LOI) Submission deadline: 11:59 p.m. CST on Mon., Jan. 20, 2020
- Full Application submission deadline: 11:59 p.m. CST on Mon., March 16, 2020
- Award Announcements: On hold - To be confirmed at a later date
- Award Period: On hold - To be confirmed at a later date
SINF Application Information
- MD Anderson faculty needing assistance with the SINF application forms and templates can also visit the Office of Research Administration page on the MD Anderson intranet.
- SINF FY20 Program Guidelines (pdf): Provides information about the SINF program.
- SINF FY20 Letter of Intent (LOI): Applicants are required to submit a one-page PDF Letter of Intent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. CST on Mon., Jan. 20, 2020.
- SINF FY20 Full Application: Upon review of LOIs, a shortlist of applicants will be invited to submit full applications via MD Anderson Submittable for which they will be provided an online link. Applicants will need to create an account using MD Anderson log in credentials.
- Full Application submission deadline is 11:59 p.m. CST on Mon., March 16, 2020.
For more information, such as guidelines including application process, review criteria, and FAQs please, please contact us via email at SINF@mdanderson.org.