The QEP committee began its work in May 2008. The following documents outline the process used by the QEP Committee in developing the plan.
- SACS Quality Enhancement Plan (login required)
- SACS QEP Focus Groups and Survey Results (login required)
- SACS QEP Research Subcommittee Report (login required)
- SACS QEP Proposal (login required)
- SACS QEP Committee Meeting Agendas and Minutes (login required)
The five key program components of the QEP follow the "THINK" framework.
- Targeted faculty development
- Hands-on student research project
- Integrated course activities
- Needs-based faculty resource center support
- Knowledge/Competency based student outcomes model
Collectively, they represent all activities related to the QEP plan. The program framework, assessment strategies, and outcomes are aligned to support a continuous improvement approach to evaluating program effectiveness and identifying modifications.
MD Anderson committed personnel and resources that were identified by the QEP committee as necessary to implement and sustain each component of the QEP. The following document provides an overview of the five year plan that was followed for the QEP.
QEP Five-Year Implementation Plan (login required)
After four potential QEP themes were identified, Dr. Marilyn Greer, director of institution research, conducted a series of focus groups for a more in-depth investigation of the topics from the university stakeholders’ perspective. The focus groups had two main objectives:
- Identify any additional potential QEP topics that may have been overlooked by the QEP committee during its retrospective review.
- Identify which topic had the most interest and support among the faculty, students, employers and alumni. Specifically, focus groups were conducted with twenty-four current students and alumni, thirteen employers and fifteen faculty members.
The information presented and the questions used during the focus group discussions and a summary of the results can be found in the SACS QEP Focus Group Report (login required).
QEP Committee Annual Retreat
To assist the QEP committee in a systematic review of the implementation and progress of the QEP, an annual report is prepared and distributed by the QEP Director. An annual retreat provided the committee an opportunity to discuss progress and recommend modifications as appropriate using the assessment measures provided in the annual report.
Note: Links to documents within the Quality Enhancement Plan website are password protected and require a login to MD Anderson's Box system.