- 2018, March David Clayton presented with 25-Year Service Award | MD Anderson
- 2018, Feb. Brandy Greenhill Co-Chair, 34th Clinical Laboratory Educators' Conference | American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS)
- 2018, Jan. Mark Bailey presented with Six-Year Service Award | American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Scholarship Committee
- 2017, Nov. Shirley Richmond elected President-elect | National Alpha Eta Society
- 2017, Oct. Mark Bailey appointed to the Nomications Committee | ASCP
- 2017, Sep. Shaun Caldwell selected Faculty Educator of Month for August 2017 | MD Anderson
- 2017, Aug. Peter Hu elected Board of Directors Vice President | National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS)
- 2017, Aug. Ana Bolivar (MGT student) presented with the Student/Trainee Award | Cancer Genomics Corsortium Summer Meeting
Bailey, M. A., & Hu, P. (2018, February 24). Developing multidiscipline clinical laboratory educational programs to meet the challenges of delivering personalized care medicine. Presented at the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science 34th Clinical Laboratory Educations’ Conference, Houston.
Program (pdf), p 13
Edgerton, M. E. & Bailey, M. (2017, November 7-8). A quality assurance initiative for improving pathology diagnosis and biomarker assessment for breast cancer in Zambia. Poster presented at the African Organisation for Research & Training in Cancer 11th International Conference, Kigali, Rwanda.
Hu, P. (2017, November 8). Bringing cytogenetics to Africa. Workshop presented at the African Organisation for Research & Training in Cancer 11th International Conference, Kigali, Rwanda.
Dehghanpour, M. , Greenhill, B., Bass, S., Mayer, T., Newsham, I., & Whiteing-Williams, D. (2017). Streamlining and standardization of admissions process in SHP. Collaborating for Innovation Quality Project, Houston, TX.
Baker, J. (2017, September). It’s not the lottery: Best practices for allied health student selection. Presented at the Texas Society of Allied Health Professions Meeting, Houston, TX.
El Naofal, M., Kim, A., Yon, H. Y., Baity, M., Zhao, M., Bui-Griffith, J., Tang, Z., Robinson, M., Grubbs, E. G., Cote, G., & Hu, P. (2017). Role of CDKN2C fluorescence in situ hybridization in the management of medullary thyroid carcinoma. Annals of Clinical & Laboratory Science, 47 (5), 523-528. Retrieved from ACLS Journal.