The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs and Development is located in the 1Mid-Campus Building on the 17th floor. (Use the NB elevators)
Robert E. Tillman, Ph.D.
Director, Faculty & Academic Development
We have developed a number of social media opportunities to network and learn with your colleagues.
Facebook provides an opportunity to connect socially with other postdocs, but also as a space to hear about upcoming events, ask questions about Houston, find roommates, sell items before leaving town, etc.
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs and Development seeks to:
- Foster an institutional commitment to the highest quality and standards of training.
- Foster success among postdoctoral fellows that enhances their future endeavors,
- Provide professional development programs and networking social activities for postdoctoral fellows,
- Serve as a central office for postdoctoral issues and concerns,
- Serve as a resource for faculty to augment the training they provide their postdoctoral fellows,
- Provide leadership opportunities and mentoring to postdoctoral fellows, and
- Provide career advising for all career paths within academics.
Established in 2003 to revitalize the postdoctoral association and implement programs to improve the postdoctoral experience, the Office has had measurable influence on improving the policies and resources for postdocs. Over the years, MD Anderson has been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work for Postdocs,” achieving the top spot in 2007.
We currently host approximately 600 postdoctoral fellows from over 50 countries. As we strive to achieve our goals, it is our expectation that postdocs at MD Anderson will take advantage of the many opportunities and resources available at MD Anderson and within the Texas Medical Center (TMC) community while making their own contributions through research. The onus for career development ultimately resides on the shoulders of the individual postdoctoral fellow to take advantage of the rich resources that MD Anderson provides to further his/her own career.