We are delighted you have considered MD Anderson at this critical stage of your career. The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs and Development (OPAD) enhances the scientific training of over 500 postdoctoral fellows by creating and implementing initiatives for your professional growth, providing one-on-one career advising, and fostering a robust community through networking activities.
Serving as a resource to institutional constituents on postdoc life and work, we support the activities of the MD Anderson Postdoctoral Association, deliver an orientation that prepares you for this phase of your training and facilitate mentorship and other training programs that equip you for your next career move. Additionally, we partner with AVA-Trainee, Office of Career and Entrepreneurship Advancement, Alumni & Faculty Association, your faculty mentors and other institutional offices and departments to enrich your postdoc experience.
- Research Medical Library
- Scientific Publications
- Professional headshots are available through MD Anderson’s Creative Services department.
- Business cards with MD Anderson branding can be ordered through MD Anderson Brand Central.
- National Postdoctoral Association
- NIH Professional Development video library
- NIH Career Development Awards
- Making the Right Moves: a Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty. A downloadable book of practical advice and experiences from seasoned biomedical investigators and includes chapters on getting funded, laboratory leadership, project management and teaching and course design.