Scholarships and Financial Aid
School of Health Professions Scholarships
School of Health Professions scholarships are awarded annually to newly accepted degree candidates and current students of one of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center School of Health Professions degree programs.
Applications for the 2016-17 academic year will be available late Spring 2016.
To be eligible for an SHP scholarship, an applicant must:
- be accepted as a degree candidate into one of the School of Health Professions' degree programs
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- demonstrate excellence in both character and academic achievement
- submit a completed application by July 01 for the upcoming academic year.
- Academic achievement (cumulative GPA). SHP reviews all university, college, and/or program transcripts already submitted with program admissions material.
- Leadership abilities (school and community)
- Professional goals and aspirations
Members of the Scholarship Selection Committee are academic and clinical faculty appointed the Dean of SHP.
SHP scholarship funds are donated by private individuals who may specify that a scholarship applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to eligible for that particular scholarship. In this case, that particular scholarship would be restricted to individuals who meet this requirement (The University of Texas System Policy UTS138).
More than 75% of students attending the School of Health Professions receive some form of financial aid. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. While there is no application deadline for financial aid, it is recommended that students complete the required documents as soon as possible to be considered for institutional funds. Students should select the appropriate school code to avoid delays in the award process. FAFSA code: 017249