Application Information 2017-2018
Application Deadline and Interview Requirements
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2016-2017 Post Graduate Fellowship in Oncology Nursing Program. We will begin accepting applications for the 2017-2018 fellowship program mid-December 2016.
- Employment applications are accepted from mid-December through January 31, 2017
- A telephone interview is required for selected applicants (February)
- An on-site interview is required for final candidates (end of March)
The following must be submitted to be considered for selection. There's a two-part application submission process.
- A completed online application for employment at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Click "online application," search current openings, keywords are "APRN fellowship." Completing the profile is not an application for the position. You must apply for the position also. You will receive an email confirmation of your submitted application. Please notify us if you do not receive an email confirming your employment application submission.
- Complete the following forms for the Post Graduate Fellowship in Oncology Nursing:
- Download Fellowship Information Form (PDF)
- A Statement of Intent (include your name and do not exceed one typewritten page) State your career goals and reasons for pursing the Fellowship. Include future career plans and how they might be enhanced by your additional training. We encourage review of your Statement of Intent by faculty, or a mentor, prior to submission.
- Curriculum Vitae Template (please use the template provided)
- College transcripts (unofficial)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (PDF) using the required form
For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for a Successful Application
- Use the same email address on all forms
- Use the same name on all forms
- Confirm your online application for employment at MDA has been received
Submit completed Fellowship Information Form to email@example.com or fax to 713-563-9000 (subject line or attention: Post Graduate Fellowship in Oncology Nursing)
An on-site interview is required for applicants who have been selected as candidates. Interviews will be conducted in late March. Interviews will be conducted on a scheduled date. No alternate days are available. Candidates are responsible for the travel costs for the on-site interview.