Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology Fellowship
The Thoracic/Head and Neck Medical Oncology Fellowship Program is a specialized training for physicians interested in the study of aerodigestive malignancies, with an opportunity to work in lung cancer, head and neck cancer, or both.
Trainees will gain experience in multidisciplinary clinical care and decision-making in these areas as well as the design and analysis of clinical research. Trainees also have the option of pursuing basic and/or translational research projects in laboratories involved in the Thoracic or Head and Neck programs. The experience is targeted to facilitating development of an academic career with a subspecialty focus in Thoracic and/or Head and Neck Medical Oncology.
Program applicants must hold an M.D. degree.
- Apply on-line through the Discover system
- A letter of good standing from the current program
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical school diploma*
- Official medical school transcripts*
- Proof of training in hematology/oncology*
- Certificates from all completed internship, residency, or fellowship training programs *
- Credential evaluation for foreign medical school transcript
- USMLE, FLEX and/or NBME licensure examination score reports and official transcript
- ECFMG certificate
- Curriculum vitae
- A 500–1000 word essay of a research proposal with one hypothesis about aerodigestive tumors
* Documents in a language other than English must be submitted with a certified translation.
Bich Tran, Program Coordinator
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 432
Houston, TX 77030-4009