Sister Institution Network Fund (SINF)
The Sister Institution Network Fund (SINF) is the first financial support GAP has offered to researchers at MD Anderson who are working with our Sister Institutions (SIs) worldwide. Launched in 2010, the first round of funding occurred in 2011 and the second round in early 2012. The awarded SINF projects, accessible using the link below and to the right, successfully partnered MD Anderson faculty with nearly 50 institutions in the network. The goal of the SINF program is to seed collaborative research between MD Anderson, our SIs, extensions, and other global partners. This initial support is intended to assist projects that will ultimately compete for funding from external agencies.
If you do not already have collaborative partners within our Sister Institution Network, please use The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center's Influuent System to help identify potential partners.
SINF Awarded Grants
- Click here to view the SINF-awarded grants, projects, and recipients
Guidelines and Announcement
GAP is pleased to announce another round of SINF funding. This RFA announcement provides details on the application process, deadline and requirements.
- SINF RFA announcement: TBA
Deadline: SINF 2016 cycle - TBA
Several updates were made to the program last year and still apply to this year's funding cycle:
- All faculty at the ranks of Assistant, Associate and full Professor are eligible
- Strong preference will be given to projects involving more than one participating institutions (for complete list of participating sites, please see RFA announcement).
- New partner institutions are eligible to participate in collaboration with one or more Sister Institutions
Application Guidelines and Forms:
- SINF Program Guidelines (pdf) - provides information about the SINF program.
- SINF Application (doc) - required application form for SINF participants (includes details on project, PI, budget, etc.).
- SINF Application Guidelines (pdf) - provides information on how to complete the SINF application form.
For more information, please contact us via email at SINF@mdanderson.org.
Requests for Applications
- 2016 SINF RFA tba
- 2015 SINF RFA
SINF Grants and Recipients
See our international, collaborative, research projects on the Global Cancer Project website - Global Oncology