MD Anderson's Department of Continuing Medical Education/Conference Management (CME/Conference Management) works with faculty, staff and external educational partners to plan, implement, evaluate and document educational programs that meet the needs of practicing health professionals within and outside the Cancer Center.
Comprehensive information about professional conferences organized by CME/Conference Management. The timeline for entries ranges from current to several years into the future. In addition to conference titles, dates and locations, details often include:
- General Information
(goal, objectives, target audience, etc.)
- Conference Agenda
- Identification of Speakers
- Availability of Continuing Education Credit
- Registration Fees
- How to Register
- Hotel and Transportation Arrangements
MD Anderson Calendar
Details about a wide range of educational events of interest to physicians, scientists and others.
Provides links to diverse e-Learning activities other than conferences
Other CME Activities
Provides links to diverse CME activities other than conferences.
Guidelines & Forms
Documents of interest to our clients and educational partners.
Educational Partnership Opportunities
Explains how external educational partners may join with faculty and staff to support conferences and events at MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Names, job titles, telephone and fax numbers and e-mail addresses of lead contacts for CME/Conference Management.
What We Do
CME/Conference Services consists of the three main areas described below. Note: More information about each area is available via Inside CME/Conference Managment, a second Web site accessible only through MD Anderson computers.
Continuing Medical Education
Nationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), our CME program provides:
- Guidance in meeting the ACCME criteria for program certification
- Institutional guidelines on MD Anderson sponsorship of events and materials
More specifically, our CME program:
- Certifies educational programs, including major conferences, Grand Rounds activities, MD Anderson speaker bureau presentations and educational products and materials for CME AMA/PRA credit for physicians
- Documents CME hours accrued by physicians for attending MD Anderson-sponsored and externally sponsored CME programs
- Issues CME certificates and certificates of attendance
- Maintains required documentation
- Produces transcript reports for MD Anderson physicians and physician assistants attending educational programs within and outside the institution
- Generates various reports as requested by institutional departments
- Facilitates the approval of MD Anderson educational activities by accepting and processing application forms for MD Anderson sponsorship and CME credit
CM facilitates the logistical planning of conferences worldwide that reach thousands of scientists, physicians, allied health professionals and public interest groups each year. In addition to general conference management, we provide:
- Hotel and Facilities Services
- Exhibit Management
- Registration Services
- Audiovisual Support
- Financial/Accounting Services
- Evaluation Services