Leadership for the e-Health Technology program is provided by Alex Prokhorov, M.D., Ph.D., professor, Behavioral Science who is internationally renowned in delivering and evaluating distance-medicine–based cancer prevention interventions that are highly disseminable and in leveraging technology.
Dr. Prokhorov's expertise encompasses the research and delivery of tobacco prevention and cessation interventions among various populations through the development and implementation of advanced multi-media applications. Dr. Prokhorov spearheads the e-Health Technology program to address primary, secondary and tertiary prevention of cancer across the entire cancer continuum and life cycle.
An Advisory Board is composed of a cadre of interdepartmental faculty with expertise in cancer screening, genetic risk, sexual health, health disparities and e-Health applications will provide additional oversight and will review developmental grant applications. Current members of this board include the following faculty members:
- Karen Basen-Engquist, Ph.D., M.P.H. - Professor, Behavioral Science
- Elise Cook, M.D., M.S. - Associate Professor, Clinical Cancer Prevention
- Robert L Satcher, Jr, M.D., Ph.D. - Assistant Professor, Orthopedic Oncology, Division of Surgery
- Stephanie Kim, Director, Public Education
- Susan Peterson, Ph.D., M.P.H. - Associate Professor, Behavioral Science
- Susan M. Schembre, Ph.D., R.D. - Assistant Professor, Behavioral Science
- Jennifer Tektiridis, M.S., C.P.A - Executive Director, Research Planning & Development, OVP, Cancer Prevention & Population Sciences
Administrative and Technical Staff
- Swati Birla, M.B.A. - Program Manager
- Wei Chen, M.S. - Sr. Applications Programmer
- Sandy Chen, M.S. - Applications Programmer
- Allaeddine Bekhouche, M.S. - Web Developer
- Rubal Gambhir, M.S. - Web Developer
- Tracie Scyrus, B.S.B.A. - Program Coordinator
e-Health Technology, Unit 1330
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Blvd.
P.O. Box 301439
Houston, TX 77230-1439
Physical Location: Cancer Prevention Building, CPB3.3408
Main Line: 713-794-4344