Science Park Events and Seminars
Conferences & Retreats
Epigenetics and Molecular Carcinogenesis/Genes and Development Joint Retreat
Will be held Sept. 30- Oct. 2, 2016, Camp Allen, Navasota, Texas
Center for Cancer Epigenetics Annual Spring Retreat
Was held May 13-14, 2016, Festival Hill, Round Top, Texas
Lost Pines Conference - to be announced
To Be Announced.
Science Park hosts a variety of seminar series, including lectures by both invited scientists and staff investigators. These seminars offer an opportunity for investigators and trainees to remain abreast of current advances in cancer research and biomedical science. These seminars can be video conferenced to other MD Anderson departments upon request.
- Mike Hogg Distinguished Lecturer Series – a formalized seminar program held monthly from September through May. The series features outstanding guest speakers chosen by a departmental committee.
- Department of Epigenetics and Molecular Carcinogenesis Seminar Series – hosts an average of 15 seminars per year. Faculty members are encouraged to invite speakers for this series whose research interests relate to their own particular areas of research.
- Science Park Faculty Seminar Series – features a faculty member each month, September through May, to present current research in their laboratories.
- Work in Progress Seminar - a weekly forum for students, postdoctoral fellows and faculty to present their research and to gain valuable feedback from colleagues at all levels.
- Tang Lab links normal stem cells to aggressive prostate cancer
- Two faculty honored at President's Recognition Event
- Sharon Dent, Ph.D. interviewed in JCB
- Francesca Cole, Ph.D. receives NIH Director's New Innovator Award
- ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complexes regulate non-chromatin targets
- Role of SAGA complex in embryonic stem cells and in reprogramming fibroblasts to a stem cell state