Accidental Death and Dismemberment
All benefits-eligible employees may participate in the accidental death and dismemberment insurance coverage provided by Dearborn National. This insurance provides a monetary benefit for bodily injuries or death resulting from a covered accident to active employees and their covered dependents. If you are enrolled in UT Select, you will receive $20,000 in coverage for free. You have the opportunity to apply for additional coverage for:
- Yourself - in increments of $10,000, up to 10 times your annual salary (or $1 million, whichever is less)
- Spouse - If you purchase at least $20,000 of voluntary coverage for yourself, you may purchase:
- $10,000 coverage or
- Up to 50% of your own voluntary coverage (or $500,000, whichever is less) in increments of $10,000
- Children - If you purchase at least $20,000 of voluntary coverage for yourself, you may purchase $10,000 coverage for each eligible child
- Free $20,000 in coverage when enrolled in the medical plan
- Free online will preparation
- Change beneficiaries online
Based on federal law, employees may make changes to their benefits only at the times specified below.
Within 31 days of hire, benefits eligible employees may add or change benefits.
Moving to a Benefits Eligible Position
Employees moving from a non-benefits eligible position to a benefits eligible position have 31 days from this change in status to complete their benefits enrollment.
At Annual Enrollment
Benefits eligible employees may make any changes to their benefits once a year, without a change of status during annual enrollment, which occurs each July.
Family Status Change
Certain events in your family or changes in your dependent’s employment or coverage may enable you to make changes to your benefits outside of annual enrollment. These events, known as Family Status Changes or qualifying events, allow changes to benefits that are consistent the event. (Ex: add medical coverage to your newborn child.)
Benefit changes and supporting documentation must be received by myHR within 31 days of the event. Learn more about these qualifying events and required dependent documentation.
Full and Part-time Employees
Both full and part-time employees pay the same amount for AD&D coverage. As a result, you and your dependents are eligible for AD&D coverage if:
- You work at least 20 hours per week, and
- Your appointment is expected to continue for at least 4 ½ months, and
- You are not currently insured by another state-sponsored insurance plan.
Dependents & Required Documentation
See Requirements for Dependent Documentation for adding dependents to AD&D coverage.
Evidence of Insurability
Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is not required for adding AD&D coverage for yourself or dependents.
Dearborn National - AD&D Insurance
Monday - Friday
7 a.m. - 7 p.m. CST
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Create your own will online – A free service provided by Dearborn National
For MD Anderson Employees
Review your insurance benefits by logging in to myHR.