Department of Nursing
Req#: 00086790 - 201014
Job Title: Chair, Department of Nursing, Division of Nursing
The Department of Nursing, within the Division of Nursing at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, seeks a Chair to oversee all departmental functions and operations. The mission of the Department of Nursing is to promote excellence in nursing practice, research and education, and to collaborate with colleagues across multiple disciplines in pursuit of the mission and goals of the institution. The Chair has the opportunity to work with a vibrant nursing community that includes clinical nurses, APRNs, and research nurses to shape the academic and nursing research platforms at this internationally acclaimed institution. The institution has been continuously Magnet designated since 2001 and has two accredited transition into practice programs.
The chair position reports to the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and Sr. Vice President. The faculty and others within the department report to this position. The position has a collaborative working relationship with the Division of Nursing, the institutional chair community and other institutional entities.
The Chair is responsible for providing administrative leadership and assumes full administrative responsibility for all areas of the academic department, to include but not limited, to direct patient care, basic, translational, and clinical research programs within the department, faculty development and evaluation, integration of educational programs, finance and budget, and long-range planning of the Department. The Chair provides career development opportunities and mentorship for Department faculty and trainees, and foster their growth in clinical, research, academic, and professional areas. The Chair represents the Department, Division, and/or Institution in local, regional, state, and national matters.
Ideal applicants will be known nationally and internationally in their field and will have:
- Ph.D. in Nursing or related field. If the Ph.D. is not in nursing, the applicant must have an MSN or BSN Eligible for RN licensure in Texas
- Leadership experience and national recognition as a Nurse Researcher with ability to develop a robust research platform in the department
- Demonstrated skills to oversee and engage in research that supports new knowledge and evidence-based practice
- Strategies to enhance the academic environment of the department through the development of high quality investigator-initiated and multidisciplinary clinical research programs in keeping with the goals of the department, division, and institution
- Experience in mentorship and development of faculty and trainees.
- Experience in bridging multidisciplinary collaborations between diverse disciplines across fields
- Demonstrated administrative competence to ensure the fiscally sound and efficient day-to-day operation of the department.
Medical leadership/administrative experience and knowledge of program development is required. Appointment to academic rank and salary are dependent on experience and scholarly achievement.
MD Anderson is committed to building a diverse community of faculty and encourages women and minorities to apply. Interested candidates should send a copy of their curriculum vitae and three references along with a supplemental narrative statement to address their qualifications (2‐3 pages) by January 15, 2021, to: email@example.com
MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws, unless such distinction is required by law. All positions at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment.
Due to our response to COVID-19, all blood donations at MD Anderson
Blood Donor Center locations are being held by appointment only.