Our employees have the most crucial role in delivering on our mission. You can’t take care of others if you aren’t taking care of yourself and your family.
With your needs in mind, we go beyond the basics to offer a comprehensive list of resources that support your physical, emotional and financial health.
Your overall compensation package may include a combination of the following:
- Base pay
- Performance rewards
- Differential pay
- Certification pay
- State of Texas longevity pay
- Anderson Awards
- Merit pay
MD Anderson is proud to provide free health coverage for benefits eligible full-time employees and part-time employees who work 30 or more hours per week. Our benefits plan is administered through The University of Texas System’s Office of Employee Benefits.
Benefits-eligible employees can choose health care coverage from the following programs:
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
Our generous leave program includes a combination of the following, depending on employment type:
- Paid Time Off program that provides approximately three weeks of vacation in the first year and accrual increase every two years
- Extended Illness Bank to use when you or a family member are ill for more than two days
- An average of nine paid institutional holidays per year
- Family and Medical Leave
- Parental Leave
- Available leave for military service, funeral, jury duty and required education
- Recognition Leave
MD Anderson offers multiple resources and options to make sure your retirement plan meets your needs both now and in the future. These include:
- Social Security
- Teacher Retirement System (TRS) and Optional Retirement Plan (ORP)
- Voluntary tax-deferred or Roth contribution retirement programs to supplement TRS or ORP
Visit www.utsystem.edu/benefits/retirement or our Retirement webpage (link) to learn more.
MD Anderson provides a broad range of programs and services that support the needs of you and your family. These include:
- Alternative work arrangements
- Back-up dependent care
- Financial education and resources
- Working Mothers’ Rooms
- Eldercare referral services
- Employee discounts
The Employee Assistance Program, or EAP, contributes to a healthier and more productive work environment by assisting employees and their families with problems that affect their lives both on and off the job. This includes managing work-related, personal and family relationships as well as offering assistance with legal issues. Information shared with EAP is confidential.
MD Anderson offers multiple programs to support your overall health and wellness goals. This includes:
- Online health assessment
- Free membership to a state-of-the-art fitness center on campus (for eligible employees)
- Weight Watchers at Work
- Online and in-person nutrition courses
- Physical, financial and emotional education programs
- Running, walking and cycling clubs
MD Anderson is also committed to encouraging health practices that help us stay true to our mission to end cancer. Tobacco use is the single most preventable cause of cancers, and that’s why we were motivated to move to a tobacco-free hiring process. If you are offered a position at MD Anderson, you will be subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Screen, including tobacco compounds in compliance with applicable state laws.
However, we recognize that quitting isn’t easy.
If you’re a current tobacco user and would like to quit, we invite you to enroll in one of our Tobacco Treatment Program’s clinical trials that combine the use of medications and counseling to help you quit. To enroll, call 713-792-2265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The opportunities for our employees to professionally and personally challenge themselves are embedded in everything they do here. Our programs include:
- My Buddy Program to help you adapt to the institution
- Employee Networks to promote and foster a culturally inclusive and effective work environment
- Tuition assistance program
- Online and in-person training and education opportunities with more than 4,000 online courses and 25,000 e-books
- A robust mentoring program
- Online career self-management toolkit