UTPD Contact Information
|Contact||Contact Name||Phone Number|
|UT Police Communications Center||24 hours a day||713-792-2890|
|Chief of Police||William Adcox||713-792-2275|
|Assistant Chief of Police||Jeffrey McGregor||713-563-7788|
|Director of Police Administration & Support Services||Edward Cavazos||713-745-9888|
|Field Operations - Region 1||Captain D. Preacher||713-563-2138|
|Field Operations - Region 2||Captain V. Weatherspoon||713-563-7785|
|Special Operations||Captain Y. Siggers||713-563-7790|
- The Chief of Police is responsible for Executive Leadership.
- The Assistant Chief of Police is responsible for Field Operations and Emergency Management
- Police Administration & Support Services consists of Finance and Fiscal Affairs, Purchasing, Central Records, Administration, Police Communications Center, Training, Planning and Research, Information Systems, Supply and Vehicle Maintenance, Project Management, Technical Services, and Homeland Security.
- Region 1 Operations consists of university property including the MD Anderson Hospital complex, Mitchell Sciences Research Building, Science Park Research, Dental Branch, Houston Main Building, Mays Clinic, Rotary House Hotel, Ambulatory Care Building, Cancer Prevention Building, School of Nursing, School of Public Health, Braeswood Garage, Faculty Center, and Faculty Center Tower.
- Region 2 Operations consists of Crime Prevention and university property including University Center Tower, Fannin Holcombe Building, Fannin Bank Building, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Smith Research Building, Physical Plant Building, UTHSC-H Student Housing, UTHSC-H Recreation Center, Operations Center Building, Fannin Medical Plaza, Proton Therapy Center, South Campus Research Building One, South Research Campus Building Two, South Campus Research Building Three, South Campus Research Building Four, Bellaire Treatment Center, Mental Sciences Institute, Harris County Psychiatric Center, and Medical School.
- Special Operations consists of Criminal Investigations, Criminal Intelligence Liaison, Professional Standards, Internal Affairs and Security Sensitive Background Investigations.
Frequently Called Numbers
- Emergencies: 911
- Non-Emergencies: 713-792-2890
UT Police Communications Center: 713-792-2890
- Report suspicious activity or criminal activity
- Personal Safety Transportation Service for a ride to your vehicle within the Texas Medical Center area any time after dark
- Extra patrol of areas for employees, staff or students working late hours
- Lost and found property
UT Police Crime Prevention: 713-563-7794
- Crime Prevention Programs including Robbery Prevention, Office Theft Prevention, Sexual Assault Prevention, Identify Theft Prevention and more
- Crime Prevention Standards Manual for major remodeling and new building projects
- Crime statistics and crime trend analysis information
- Crime Prevention Surveys of areas to identify risks and recommendations for increased safety
- Community on Patrol (COP) program for exchange of information, developing new contacts and networking within the community
- Workplace Violence Program
- Crime Prevention pamphlets on-line for immediate download:
UT Police Criminal Investigations: 713-563-7781, 713-792-0368, 713-794-3245
- If you would like to report suspicious activity anonymously, please contact UTPD Criminal Investigations. If the activity is an emergency or crime in progress, please call 911.
UT Police Technical Services: 713-792-8690
- Install, repair and maintain the electronic security system including card readers, duress alarms, alarm keypads, cameras and time delay locks
- Management of the electronic security system database and infrastructure
- Design and cost estimates for electronic security system components
- Use of UT Identification Badge with the electronic security system
- Report a lost or damaged UT Identification Badge
Service requests for the electronic security system and UT Identification Badges may be e-mailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, location, telephone number, access card number and a brief summary of the service needed.
UT Police Professional Standards: 713-563-4621
- Internal Affairs investigations
- CALEA accreditation process
UT Police Records: 713-563-2173
- Incident and Offense Reports
- Records and documents
For copies of a police report, submit an online request or download the Request for Public Information (pdf) form and return by mail or FAX to UT Police.
The UT Police work closely with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Houston Police Department on local issues involving Homeland Security. The UT Police are actively involved in the FBI Joint Task Force on Terrorism for the Houston metropolitan area.
Additionally, the UT Police coordinate disaster planning and response operations with both the UT Health Science Center at Houston and the MD Anderson Cancer Center.
For additional information, please contact the UT Police Crime Prevention component at
713-563-7794. Further information is also available at the websites listed below: