Volunteer continuing education events
Volunteer Voice - Winter 2013
MD Anderson’s Approach to National Drug Shortages
- Wednesday, Feb. 13, 10-11:30 a.m.
- Duncan Building, Floor 8, Conference Room 8
Emotional Patients and Families Interactive Workshop
- Friday, March 1, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- Limited attendance of 15 volunteers for this workshop; advance registration required by calling 713-792-7180 or emailing Mary Donnelly Jackson.
Finding Free and Reliable Health Care Information with a tour of The Learning Center
- Wednesday, March 6, 6-8 p.m.
- The Learning Center Classroom, Main Building, Floor 4
PIKNIC (Partners in Knowledge, News In Cancer) ― an educational forum to learn about issues, needs and concerns relevant to the cancer experience.
- Typically held at the Integrative Medicine Center, Mays Clinic, ACB2.1041.
- First and third Tuesdays and third Thursday of the month, noon-1 p.m.
- Call 713-792-2553 for topic schedule. Check regional care center schedules for these presentations.
The Patient Connection Workshop
- Tuesday, Feb. 5, 6-8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 7, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 19, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- All workshops will be conducted at Main Building, Floor 11
What’s New Walking Tour
- Monday, Jan. 28, 10 a.m.-noon
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, noon-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 20, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Reserve your place by emailing Volunteer Services or calling 713-792-7180.
I*CARE (Interpersonal Communication and Relationship Enhancement) Video Series
Receive continuing education credit by viewing a series of videos developed for MD Anderson patients and families as part of the I*CARE program. The videos may be viewed on your own computer.
- To register and for more information, email Mary Donnelly Jackson or call her at 713-792-3792.
Contact Volunteer Services at 713-792-7180 or email the department to make a reservation. Attending any of these events meets your annual continuing education requirement.