Volunteer Endowment for Patient Support Luncheon
Volunteer Voice - Spring 2010
Supporters of Volunteer Services at MD Anderson got the inside story on brain cancer when MD Anderson employee Gail Goodwin and her neurosurgeon, Jeffery Weinberg, M.D., spoke at the 2010 Volunteer Endowment for Patient Support luncheon. Chaired by Nancy and Terry Bertin and Betty and John Clarke, the luncheon featured an update on “what’s going on inside Gail’s head” since her diagnosis and surgery to remove a grade 3 oligodendroglioma tumor. Weinberg, who performed her surgery, informed the audience about what’s new in brain cancer surgery and discussed MD Anderson’s unique BrainSUITE®.
In This Issue
- Giving the Patient Survivor and Volunteer Perspective
- Volunteers On the Move...
- New MD Anderson Logo Challenges Employees, Volunteers and Public to Aspire to a World Without Cancer
- Freedman Recognized for His Volunteer Commitment
- Ainsworth Award Winners Have a Special "Ring"
- Daytime Volunteer Recognition Luncheon
- Volunteer Endowment for Patient Support Luncheon