Ainsworth Award Winners Have a Special "Ring"
This year, Volunteer Services recognized the Gift Shop and Appearances volunteers as the 2010 recipients of the Ainsworth Award, presented annually to a corporation, organization, group or individual making an extraordinary contribution to Volunteer Services. The award was presented at the April Volunteer Recognition Luncheon.
Whether running a cash register, stocking merchandise, receiving and pricing inventory or greeting customers with a smile, the volunteers share their care and compassion with all who visit the shops. Over 350,000 customers were served in Fiscal Year 2009.
Appearances volunteers offer a unique service to patients where compassion and assistance with selecting specialty items brings comfort to all who enter the door.
Volunteers are an integral part of the gift shop operation and directly impact the proceeds that benefit patient programs and volunteer activities. Patients, caregivers and staff come to the gift shops for a variety of reasons but all are greeted by volunteers whose caring spirit adds to their shopping experience.
Volunteer Services thanks these special volunteers for the support, enthusiasm and dedication they share with MD Anderson patients, caregivers and staff.
In This Issue
- Giving the Patient Survivor and Volunteer Perspective
- Volunteers On the Move...
- New MD Anderson Logo Challenges Employees, Volunteers and Public to Aspire to a World Without Cancer
- Freedman Recognized for His Volunteer Commitment
- Ainsworth Award Winners Have a Special "Ring"
- Daytime Volunteer Recognition Luncheon
- Volunteer Endowment for Patient Support Luncheon