Cancer Survivorship Conference a Resounding Success
Network - Winter 2011
The 22nd annual Anderson Network Cancer Survivorship Conference ended with quite a bang.
Held Sept. 24-25, 2010, the conference brought cancer experts from MD Anderson to deliver enlightening and empowering messages to nearly 500 cancer survivors, caregivers and medical professionals.
Keynote speaker Lorenzo Cohen, Ph.D., professor and director of the Integrative Medicine Program at MD Anderson, advised participants to take their health into their own hands by exercising more often, switching to a plant-based diet, avoiding environmental contaminants and reducing stress by meditating, practicing yoga and trying other forms of complementary medicine.
The conference’s rousing conclusion was courtesy of The Drum Café, which uses music as a common language to celebrate successes and tackle challenges.
There were no spectators during this performance — each attendee was provided a drum and followed the lead from the stage.
Mark your calendars — the next Cancer Survivorship Conference is Sept. 16-17, 2011.
In This Issue
- View Winter 2011 PDF
- Working Through Cancer: Readers Respond
- People Profile: Lymphoma, Sarcoma Patient Stays Positive
- Doctor, Doctor: Focus on Adolescents and Young Adults With Cancer
- Body Image Issues for Cancer Patients
- Genetic Testing: What Patients Should Know
- Cancer Survivorship Conference a Resounding Success