Conquest - Summer 2012
Here are some recent news items involving MD Anderson. Select any headline to read more about that topic.
The next generation of health care leaders recently witnessed the future of telemedicine in action: telesurgery. Through the AT&T/Junior Achievement Worldwide Job Shadow Initiative, 30 students from the DeBakey High School for Health Professionals and The Woodlands High School visited
MD Anderson to learn about a new telesurgery program that AT&T is funding.
While a lack of saliva may seem like a minor inconvenience, xerostomia (severe dry mouth) greatly impairs patients' quality of life. A recent study shows that acupuncture, when given alongside radiation therapy for head and neck cancer, prevents xerostomia.
Resources: Cancer Briefings
- AT&T's $1 Million Contribution to Seed Telesurgery Program
- Study finds acupuncture can prevent radiation-induced chronic dry mouth
- Acupuncture eases radiation-induced dry mouth
- Acupuncture for cancer patients
Conquest: Summer 2012
- Green medicine
- Going the distance
- When life is good
- Practice makes perfect
- A 'whole' in one center
- When the pipeline dries up
- Frontline: Latest research advances
- Cancer Briefings: Latest MD Anderson news
- Picture This: Beauty/Barber Shop
- Signs of Hope: COLLAGE
- Moving Forward: Jameisha Brown
Audio and PDFs
Care to Comment?
Email the editor to comment on a story or offer suggestions on topics you'd like to see covered in future issues of Conquest and Annual Report.