The cancer experience isn’t over when treatment ends. Many survivors continue to live with the physical and emotional side effects of their medical care.
MD Anderson’s Survivorship Program helps patients deal with stresses beyond the disease itself.
Meet Jan Wallace, who has 40 years of experience as an
MD Anderson volunteer.
- Immunotherapy trailblazer Jim Allison wins Lasker award
- Former four-star admiral tapped as Moon Shots leader
- Generic heart medication may improve outcomes for ovarian cancer patients
- Immunotherapy drug extends survival for kidney cancer patients
In this issue
Tobacco is the single most preventable cause of cancer.
MD Anderson’s Tobacco Treatment Program is supplying smokers with the tools they need to beat addiction.
Patients travel from all over the world seeking treatment at the nation’s top cancer hospital. Staff members in Patient Travel Services and the International Center help them get here and navigate a very stressful time in their lives.
Surgeons are performing clinical trials in the operating room and seeking less-invasive methods of attacking cancer to help patients return to their daily lives more quickly.
As the Moon Shots Program is transitioning from the setup phase to the results phase, it’s being expanded to include some of the most devastating forms of cancer.
Conquest iPad appMD Anderson’s award-winning Conquest magazine is available on the iPad. If you want to combine the design of the print version with the convenience of your tablet, then the iPad version is for you. It’s filled with multimedia extras and features sleek, user-friendly navigation. Download for free at the App Store, and use the free subscription offer to receive notifications each time a new issue is published.
- Global Navigation
- About Us
- How You Can Help
- Children's Art Project
- Contact Us
- Patient and Cancer Information
- Cancer Information
- Patient Information
- Care Centers & Clinics
- Children’s Cancer Hospital
- Services & Amenities
- Clinical Trials
- News and Publications
- Education and Research
- Departments, Programs & Labs
- Research at MD Anderson
- Education & Training
- Resources for Professionals
- For Employees
- Employee Resources
- Doing Business
- Vendors & Suppliers
- Strategic Industry Ventures
- State of Texas
- State of Texas Home Page
- Statewide Search (TRAIL)
- State Comptroller - Where the Money Goes
- Texas Homeland Security
- The University of Texas System
- Institution Resume
- Legal, Policy and Reports
- Reports to the State
- Legal Statements & Site Policies