Care Centers and Clinics
Community Services OverviewLearn more about the services MD Anderson provides to the community.
MD Anderson SpeakersRequest an MD Anderson speaker to give a presentation on a variety of cancer topics including ways to reduce your cancer risks.
- Problem assembling output for item (name="Cancer Education - Tours", id=1-101-16272) with template: mdaSnPatientSlide. Underlying error: Index: 0, Size: 0 See log for stack trace.
MD Anderson BrochuresOrder MD Anderson brochures on cancer prevention, screening and risk-reduction topics to distribute to your organization.
MD Anderson ExhibitsSubmit a request to have MD Anderson set up an exhibit at your health fair or event. Exhibits include educational publications and an MD Anderson employee who can answer attendees' questions.
Patient Care Essentials
Here are some things to consider before making an appointment.
Get prepared for your first visit to MD Anderson.
Learn how to cope with treatment side effects and resolve treatment-related issues.
Find support for patients, family and caregivers.
Cancer survivorship issues before, during and after treatment.
Conquest - Summer 2014
James Allison, a blues-loving scientist from a small town in South Texas, shook off the immunotherapy naysayers and made believers out of everyone.
Other feature articles:
- From patent to patients
- Surgically removing cancer risk
- 99 problems but cancer ain’t one
- The adrenaline-fueled life
- Prevention: the ultimate cure for cancer
- The rise of melanoma in kids
Focused on Health - July 2014
Tips to Prevent Cancer
Get a list of foods that lower cancer risk.
Video: Eat plant-based proteins
Network - Winter 2013
Trends in obesity and its effects on health spurred the creation of these monthly challenges.
Other feature stories:
- Head and neck cancer survivor stays positive
- Focus on the dangers of sepsis
- Research briefs
- 'A clinical instinct:' Hospitalists improve care for acutely ill patients
- Telephone support line needs your help
Promise - Summer 2012
AT&T's $1 million contribution seeds a new MD Anderson telesurgery program. It will help close the distance between patients in rural, underserved areas and the institution's surgical oncology experts.
- Making great strides
- Donors pony up support for MD Anderson
- Dallas event serves a second helping
- Taking a shot at cancer
- Hope is in the bank
- Attitude is everything
- The right thing to do
- Survivors Say
CancerWise, the MD Anderson blog, offers current information and commentary from staff and faculty bloggers on cancer treatment, prevention, and research. Through CancerWise, readers can react through comments and MD Anderson can listen to and connect directly with the public.
Annual Report 2012-2013
With "Open minds, new frontiers", MD Anderson is making changes and discoveries to end cancer:
- Track the journey, lower the risk
- Seminal discoveries, seismic changes
- Treat the immune system, attack the cancer
- Enhance patient experience, build networks