Good nutrition during cancer treatment can be a challenge. MD Anderson helps patients get the nutrition they need to fight cancer and minimize side effects. Licensed dietitians and diet specialists from our Clinical Nutrition department provide education, assessment and counseling to our patients and their guests, working with your health care team to identify opportunities for nutritional intervention or support.
Nutrition services include:
- Cancer prevention
- Therapeutic diets
- Nutrition build-up prior to and during therapy
- Management of treatment side effects
- Diabetes management
- Management of tube feedings and IV parenteral support
- Presentations on nutrition and cancer for professional organizations, universities and community groups
Clinical nutrition services are available to MD Anderson patients only. For a nutritional consult, ask your doctor or nurse. You can also call 713-792-3463 or 713-563-5167.
Room Service at MD Anderson offers a selection of healthy food choices for cancer inpatients and those with special dietary needs. Our chefs prepare foods with high quality ingredients and healthy cooking methods. Our goal is to tempt the appetite, meet our patients’ nutritional needs and provide an enjoyable dining experience.
Family members, caregivers and friends of MD Anderson inpatients may also order from room service from the guest menu.
How to order room service:
- Choose from our available translated introductions to Room Service
- Choose from our extensive menu of fresh, cooked-to-order foods:
- Place your order anytime between 6:30 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. by calling 2-DINE
- Your meal will be delivered to your room within 45 minutes
- We request that payment of the visitor's order be made upon delivery. We accept cash or credit cards (American Express, Discover, Mastercard and Visa). We are unable to accept checks.