PIKNIC: Partners in Knowledge News in Cancer
PIKNIC is an informal educational forum for MD Anderson patients, caregivers, faculty and staff who want to learn more about issues relevant to cancer. Sessions are led by experts from MD Anderson or the Houston community, whose topics range from meditation techniques to cancer treatment news and everything in between.
PIKNIC is held in the Integrative Medicine Center, Mays Clinic, ACB2.1041, from 12:30-1:30 p.m. on the second, third and fourth Tuesdays of the month, unless indicated differently on the schedule.
A free lunch is provided for the first 15 patients and family members.
Upcoming PIKNIC Schedules and topics:
- October 28 - Screening and mammography: Facts and fiction
- November 4- Survivorship Series Part 1: The resiliency of caregiving*
- November 11- Diabetes and weight management
- November 18 - Latest treatments and advances in lung cancer
- December 2 - Breaking bad: Bone metastasis and fracture prevention
- December 9 - Understanding genetic traits
- December 16 - MD Anderson Healthy Living Garden: A place where magic happens