PIKNIC: Partners in Knowledge News in Cancer
PIKNIC is an informal educational forum for MD Anderson patients, caregivers, faculty and staff who want to learn more about issues relevant to cancer. Sessions are led by experts from MD Anderson or the Houston community, whose topics range from meditation techniques to cancer treatment news and everything in between.
PIKNIC is held in the Integrative Medicine Center, Mays Clinic, ACB2.1041, from 12:30-1:30 p.m. on the second, third and fourth Tuesdays of the month, unless indicated differently on the schedule.
A free lunch is provided for the first 15 patients and family members.
Upcoming PIKNIC Schedules and topics:
- March/April Schedule
- February 25 - Heart disease in cancer patients
- March 11 - Recharge through engaged wellness
- March 18 - Mindful Awareness : An introduction
- March 25 - Catching colon cancer with a simple test
- April 8 - How to become the CEO (Chief Energy Operator) of your life
- April 15 - Heart to heart : Make your wishes known
- April 29- Benefits of arts in medicine ( New Location - The Learning Center, Mays Clinic - ACB2.1120)