PIKNIC: Partners in Knowledge News in Cancer
PIKNIC is an informal educational forum for MD Anderson patients, caregivers, faculty and staff who want to learn more about issues relevant to cancer. Sessions are led by experts from MD Anderson or the Houston community, whose topics range from meditation techniques to cancer treatment news and everything in between.
PIKNIC is held in the Integrative Medicine Center, Mays Clinic, ACB2.1041, from 12:30-1:30 p.m. on the second, third and fourth Tuesdays of the month, unless indicated differently on the schedule. Please review the July/August schedule for multiple location changes.
A free lunch is provided for the first 15 patients and family members.
Video: CancerCare Survivorship Series Part 1 PIKNIC: Changing roles and responsibilities for Caregivers
CancerCare Survivorship Series Part 2 PIKNIC: Managing the Stress of Survivorship
CancerCare Survivorship Series Part 3 PIKNIC: Trouble sleeping? Sleep better to feel better -Tips you can use
Upcoming PIKNIC Schedules and topics:
- July 8 - The joy diet: 10 practices to help your life be more satisfying and fulfilling
- July 15 - Things left unspoken: Talking to your partner about intimacy after cancer
- July 22 - Tools for coping with anxiety and depression
- August 5 - CancerCare Survivorship Series Part 4 : The importance of nutrition and physical activity ( Available in MD Anderson regional locations)
- August 12 - Disparities in breast cancer treatment and outcomes : Where are we now?
- August 19- The dangers of sepsis and ways to prevent it
- August 26 - Facing body image concerns as a couple
Please review the schedule for location information. We will meet in multiple locations in July and August..