PIKNIC: Partners in Knowledge News in Cancer
PIKNIC is an informal educational forum for MD Anderson patients, caregivers, faculty and staff who want to learn more about issues relevant to cancer. Sessions are led by experts from MD Anderson or the Houston community, whose topics range from meditation techniques to cancer treatment news and everything in between.
A free lunch is provided for the first 15 patients and family members.
Upcoming PIKNIC Schedules and topics:
- January 13: Walking at MD Anderson More than the skybridge: Paths to health,hope and joy
- January 20: Living the anticancer life* (Video)
- January 27: Seeking control when you feel you have none
- February 10: Tools for coping with anxiety and depression
- February 17: Fighting the two-headed monster
- February 24: Conversations worth having with loved ones : Talking about my future, advance care planning and living well