What to Expect
Here’s a step-by-step overview of what your experience will be like in the Integrative Medicine Center:
- After your MD Anderson physician requests a consultation on your behalf, an appointment will be scheduled in the Integrative Medicine Center. Our clinic physicians are board-certified oncologist.
- Please bring all medicines, herbs, supplements, vitamins, homeopathic remedies and other therapies that you are currently using or may use periodically as the clinical staff will review your medical information.
- We will explore your questions and concerns regarding integrative oncology and address them to the best of our knowledge. Consultation times range between 30 and 60 minutes; however, this timeframe will depend on the complexity of your concerns. At times, we will have to research some of your concerns and discuss our findings on the follow-up visit.
- A follow-up visit may be recommended to see how you are progressing and to address any new questions or concerns.
- Individual therapies that may be suggested include oncology massage, nutritional advice, acupuncture, music therapy, and meditation.
- If, between visits to the Integrative Medicine Center, you need additional information or have questions or concerns, please contact us at 713-794-4700. If there is an emergency, please seek services from the nearest emergency room or contact your local emergency medical services provider (911).
In many areas of integrative medicine, knowledge is limited because definite answers are not always available. Integrative Medicine Center personnel will share with you what we know about the positive and negative aspects of various integrative medicine options.
As you attempt to navigate through this challenging journey of cancer care treatment, we will give you our professional viewpoint concerning your individual needs and current available information regarding treatment options. This will help you make more informed decisions.
For additional information on integrative medicine at MD Anderson, please contact us at 713-794-4700.