Is a Phase 1 Trial Right for Me?
Because they are the first step in testing new drugs in humans, Phase 1 clinical trials only enroll a small number of patients. In Phase 1, investigators are trying to determine the most effective dosage, monitor any possible side effects that may occur and observe patient response to the drug.
In most cases, patients eligible for Phase 1 trials have advanced cancer that has not responded to standard treatments, or their cancer has come back. They may also have a type of cancer for which no standard therapy is currently available.
Eligibility criteria varies from study to study. Specific conditions for a particular study will be discussed with you by the study physician or authorized medical staff.
Here are some things to consider before joining a Phase 1 clinical trial:
- Has your oncologist told you there are no more standard cancer treatment options for you?
- Are you able to travel to Houston, Texas on a regular basis?
- Are you out of bed at least 50% of the day?
If you think you are eligible for a Phase 1 clinical trial and are interested in participating in one, contact our Patient Access Services at 713-792-1160 for an appointment.
Request an Appointment
- Call Yolanda Villanueva at 713-792-1160
- Visit our Contact Us page for a checklist of information we'll need for your first appointment
Phase 1 Resources
Find Clinical Trials
Clinical trials are research studies that test new cancer drugs, diagnostic procedures and therapies on humans.