Phase 1 Clinical Trials
Clinical Center for Targeted Therapy
MD Anderson's Phase 1 Clinical Trials clinic, also known as the Clinical Center for Targeted Therapy, focuses on new targeted drugs and a personalized approach to cancer. This approach emphasizes molecular testing and matching patients with a targeted drug whenever possible. The Phase 1 Clinical Trials clinic is at the forefront of bringing novel experimental drugs to patients with cancer in the setting of clinical trials. Our physicians and nurses collaborate with other centers to determine if current patients are eligible for participation.
We also accept physician referrals for new patients, who have not previously been seen at MD Anderson, and from prospective patients themselves.
Why Choose MD Anderson's Phase 1 Clinical Trials Program?
- Our clinic is the largest program in the world, expediting the development of new cancer drugs through early phase trials
- Over 1,200 patients have enrolled in Phase 1 clinical trials in the last year
- Nearly 10,000 patients are on therapeutic clinical trials
- MD Anderson sees over 105,000 cancer patients per year
- MD Anderson is ranked #1 nationwide in cancer care by U.S. News & World Report
Request an Appointment
- Call Yolanda Villanueva at 713-792-1160
- Visit our Contact Us page for a checklist of information we'll need for your first appointment
Phase 1 Resources
Find Clinical Trials
Clinical trials are research studies that test new cancer drugs, diagnostic procedures and therapies on humans.