Myeloproliferative Disease Symptoms
Many times, especially in the early stages, myeloproliferative disease does not have symptoms. When it does have signs, they vary from person to person. If you have symptoms, they may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Petechiae (tiny red spots under the skin)
- Unexplained weight loss
- Night sweats
These symptoms do not always mean you have MPD. However, it is important to discuss any symptoms with your doctor, since they may signal other health problems.
If you have been diagnosed with myeloproliferative disease, we’re here to help. Call 1-877-MDA-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- One of world’s largest myeloproliferative disease (MPD) programs
- Renowned MPD research program with multiple clinical trials of innovative treatments
- Worldwide leader in efforts to develop new agents for myeloproliferative disease
- Team approach to myeloproliferative disease treatment
- Accurate, precise diagnosis by specialized pathologists
- Long-term care for chronic diseases