Myeloproliferative Disease Diagnosis
At MD Anderson, we have extensive expertise in diagnosing myeloproliferative disease, as well as the latest technology. Our hematopathologists are among a few in the nation who specialize in myeloproliferative diseases, giving them the knowledge to pinpoint your exact diagnosis.
Diagnosis of myeloproliferative disease can be challenging. It often does not have symptoms in the early stages, and when it does they are often mistaken for signs of other diseases. A doctor must have a high degree of experience in MPD to make an accurate diagnosis.
If MPD is suspected, blood tests will be ordered. The blood test results can validate the suspicion, but a bone marrow biopsy may be required to definitively confirm the diagnosis.
Getting a Second Opinion at MD Anderson
The experts at MD Anderson are highly specialized in diagnosing every type of myeloproliferative disease. We welcome the opportunity to provide second opinions for myeloproliferative disease.
If you would like to get a second opinion at MD Anderson, call 1-877-632-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- One of world’s largest myeloproliferative disease (MPD) programs
- Renowned MPD research program with multiple clinical trials of innovative treatments
- Worldwide leader in efforts to develop new agents for myeloproliferative disease
- Team approach to myeloproliferative disease treatment
- Accurate, precise diagnosis by specialized pathologists
- Long-term care for chronic diseases