Childhood Hematology Disorder Treatment
Treatments for blood disorders have come a long way in the past two decades. Diseases that were once fatal are now controllable due to the development of new therapies. Although many blood disorders are chronic diseases, most patients are able to maintain a normal life while living with their disease. Blood disorders may be treated with a combination of several therapies:
- Stem cell transplantation
- Cellular therapies such as blood transfusions and cell growth stimulants
Our Childhood Hematology Disorder Clinical Trials
Treatment for childhood hematology disorders may be offered as part of clinical trials, which are closely monitored studies to test the safety and effectiveness of new treatments. Go to MD Anderson's list of current pediatric clinical trials to see if your child might be eligible.
You can also check our Clinical Trials database or speak to your doctor.
If your child has been diagnosed with a hematology disorder, we’re here to help. Call 1-877-MDA-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- The Children’s Cancer Hospital is within the No. 1 cancer center in America
- Access to novel therapies and state-of-the-art technologies before most children’s hospitals
- We see more types of cancer than any other children’s hospital in Texas
- Family-centered care that actively involves parents in their child’s treatment
- A strong cancer research program focused on developing new therapies for pediatric patients
- Comprehensive support services such as an accredited school program, creative arts, child life and career counseling
- An Adolescent and Young Adult Program that specializes in the unique medical and psychological needs of patients aged 15-25