Childhood Hematology Disorder Symptoms
Symptoms vary according to the different blood disorders. Infants are screened at birth for hemoglobinopathies to detect sickle cell anemia before symptoms are even present. However, there are symptoms that are common to hematologic disorders, including:
- Bruising or skin bleeding
- Frequent infections
- Swelling in the hands and/or feet
If your child has been diagnosed with a hematology disorder, we’re here to help. Call 1-877-632-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- The Children’s Cancer Hospital is within the No. 1 cancer center in America
- Access to novel therapies and state-of-the-art technologies before most children’s hospitals
- We see more types of cancer than any other children’s hospital in Texas
- Family-centered care that actively involves parents in their child’s treatment
- A strong cancer research program focused on developing new therapies for pediatric patients
- Comprehensive support services such as an accredited school program, creative arts, child life and career counseling
- An Adolescent and Young Adult Program that specializes in the unique medical and psychological needs of patients aged 15-25