Childhood Endocrine Tumor Treatment
Our Treatment Approach
The treatment of childhood endocrine tumors at MD Anderson is a coordinated effort between specialists who are experts in the management of children with these tumors, including surgical experts, pediatric oncologists, nuclear medicine physicians, radiologists and genetic counselors.
If your child has been diagnosed with an endocrine tumor, we’re here to help. Call 1-877-MDA-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Childhood Endocrine Tumor Treatments
Benign endocrine tumor treatment options include:
Endocrine cancer treatment varies according to the type of tumor, but typically involves surgery, medications (including chemotherapy in advanced cancers), and radioactive iodine in the case of certain thyroid cancers.
Our Childhood Endocrine Tumor Clinical Trials
Treatment for childhood endocrine neoplasias may be offered as part of clinical trials, which are closely monitored studies to test the safety and effectiveness of new treatments. Go to MD Anderson's list of current pediatric clinical trials to see if your child might be eligible.
You can also visit our Clinical Trials database or speak to your doctor.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- The Children’s Cancer Hospital is within the No. 1 cancer center in America
- Access to novel therapies and state-of-the-art technologies before most children’s hospitals
- We see more types of cancer than any other children’s hospital in Texas
- Family-centered care that actively involves parents in their child’s treatment
- A strong cancer research program focused on developing new therapies for pediatric patients
- Comprehensive support services such as an accredited school program, creative arts, child life and career counseling
- An Adolescent and Young Adult Program that specializes in the unique medical and psychological needs of patients aged 15-25