Childhood Endocrine Tumor Diagnosis
The diagnosis of endocrine tumors is usually made via an imaging procedure (usually ultrasound, CT scan, MRI, and/or nuclear medicine tests) as well as a thorough evaluation of hormone levels. In cases of a thyroid tumor, a fine needle aspiration (biopsy) is often utilized to render the correct diagnosis.
Getting a Second Opinion at MD Anderson
The experts at MD Anderson are highly specialized in diagnosing and staging every type of childhood endocrine tumor. We welcome the opportunity to provide second opinions.
If you would like to get a second opinion at MD Anderson, call 1-877-MDA-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why Choose MD Anderson?
- The Children’s Cancer Hospital is within the No. 1 cancer center in America
- Access to novel therapies and state-of-the-art technologies before most children’s hospitals
- We see more types of cancer than any other children’s hospital in Texas
- Family-centered care that actively involves parents in their child’s treatment
- A strong cancer research program focused on developing new therapies for pediatric patients
- Comprehensive support services such as an accredited school program, creative arts, child life and career counseling
- An Adolescent and Young Adult Program that specializes in the unique medical and psychological needs of patients aged 15-25