How to Register
The Tobacco Treatment Program is available to all eligible and interested MD Anderson patients. MD Anderson patients who meet the following criteria are eligible for the program. " Tobacco users or recent quitters (those who quit within the past 12 months) " Patients receiving their primary cancer care from a MD Anderson physician (For example, individuals who visit MD Anderson only for a second opinion are not eligible for the program.) Patients may contact the TTP via several referral methods:
- Consults Online - MD Anderson's referral system
- QuitNow e-mail - email@example.com
- 2-QUIT line - (713) 792-7848 local or 1-866-2450862 toll free
- MyMDAnderson - Patients proactively identified via the Patient History Database
- Walk-in – Patients are welcome to visit the Behavioral Research & Treatment Center (BRTC) reception desk located on CPB2.3500 by The Star. Patients may pick-up a program brochure or speak with an available staff member.
- Patient Needs Assessment or Electronic Patient Needs Assessment (when you complete this form, please be sure that you indicate your smoking status and interest in the program) Patients are asked to speak with their physician about the Tobacco Treatment Program.