M. D. Anderson Sponsors Free Continuing Medical Education Lecture for Physicians
M. D. Anderson Sponsors FreeContinuing Medical Education Lecture for Physicians
M. D. Anderson News Release 11/16/00
The Tobacco Outreach Education Program of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center will present a freeContinuing Medical Education (CME) lecture for Tyler area physicians and other health care providers.
The Dec. 1 lecture, "Nicotine Dependence Across the Lifespan," will cover current smoking prevention and cessation methods including pharmacotherapy treatments and counseling methods.
Presenters and topics include:
- The Challenge of Treating Tobacco Dependence: Translating Research into Practice
Drs. Paul M. Cinciripini, Ellen R. Gritz and Alexander V. Prokhorov
M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Cancer Patients: Stopping Smoking is Good Medicine
- Treating Tobacco Dependence: Genes, Drugs and Mood
- Smoking and Adolescents: Too Young to be "Hooked?"
The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler will provide 3.0 hours of category 1 CME credits to the attendees. The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler has designated this course for ethics/professional responsibility education.
The three-hour program will begin at Noon at The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, Biomedical Research Auditorium, Health Center Dr., 11937 U. S. Highway 271, Tyler, Texas. It will be broadcast live via East Texas Interactive Healthcare Network (ETIHN) to the following locations:
- The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, Hudnall Auditorium
- CHRISTUS St. Joseph's Health System, Paris, TX.
- CHRISTUS Saint Michael Health System, Texarkana, TX.
- Good Shepherd Medical Center, Longview, TX.
- Hopkins County Memorial Hospital, Sulphur Springs, TX.
- Laird Memorial Hospital, Kilgore, TX.
- Marshall Regional Medical Center, Marshall, TX.
- McCuistion Regional Medical Center, Paris, TX.
- Memorial Helath System of East Texas, Lufkin, TX.
- Titus Regional Medical Center, Mt. Pleasant, TX.
Lunch will be provided to registered participants. There is no charge for the program. Limited seating is available, and reservations must be made by Nov. 17.
To register, call Karen Carl at (713) 745-4472.
The Tobacco Outreach Education Program of M. D. Anderson is supported by the Tobacco Settlement Fund as appropriated by the Texas Legislature. It is designed to educate health care providers on multiple aspects of smoking prevention and cessation through free continuing medical education events. M. D. Anderson offers live presentations, videotaped presentations and an interactive web-based course.