How You Can Help
2014 Teen Volunteer Process
If you are seeking a volunteer position with a medical / cancer research experience, please look into the MD Anderson Summer Experience offered through the Department of Trainee and Alumni Affairs.
The Volunteer Services Teen Program is designed to train a select number of teens and provide them with a rewarding volunteer experience. Our goal is to instill a lifetime commitment to volunteerism. Training, communicating effectively, developing good customer service skills, and working alongside patients, caregivers, staff and adult volunteers are key components of our program.
Who is our teen volunteer:
- Compassionate and motivated
- Strong communicator
- Desire to help patients and caregivers
- 14-17 years old, attending high school in the fall 2014
- Some have had a personal or family experience with cancer
- Mature and responsible enough to handle their own volunteer commitment without their parent
Thank you for your interest in our teen programs. Each year we have many more teens interested in volunteering at MD Anderson than we are able to select for our programs. Teen positions are reviewed each year and openings in our programs are based on appropriate available positions vacated by our existing teen volunteers.