How You Can Help
To best serve the needs of MD Anderson patients, Volunteer Services appreciates your assistance in donating only the items listed below. Donations must be in new condition and from smoke free environments. Donated items cannot have religious messages or logos attached.
Donation deliveries must be prearranged with the Department of Volunteer Services by calling 713-792-7180.
Soft fabrics and “Simply Soft” yarns are best suited for MD Anderson’s patients.
- Pillows - neck or heart-shaped
- Pillows - rectangular: approximate size 10 x 12 inches
- Quilts: approximate size 46 x 46 inches
- Hand-tied lap blankets: approximate size 46 x 46 inches
- Crocheted or knitted throws: approximate size 46 x 46 inches
- Crocheted or knitted shawls
- Crocheted or knitted caps - adult sizes accepted
Items must be newly purchased and without logos or branding.
- Baseball caps
- Scarves, turbans or bandanas
Magazine subscription examples: Architectural Digest, Golf, Good Housekeeping, People, Redbook, Southern Living, Sports Illustrated, Town & Country, Us Weekly, Veranda
1515 Holcombe Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77030-4009
Books and magazines
Book and magazine donations must be prearranged with the Patient/Family Library by calling 713-792-1080.
- Current magazines – issues no older than three months
- Current foreign language magazines – issues no older than three months
- Paperback books – fiction and nonfiction preferred. No Harlequins accepted.