How You Can Help
To best serve the needs of MD Anderson patients, Volunteer Services has revised its adult and pediatric donation guidelines.
Volunteer Services appreciates your assistance in donating needed items only.
All donation deliveries must be prearranged with the Department of Volunteer Services at 713-792-7180.
Items accepted in new condition only:
- Caps – handmade knitted, crocheted, fabric. “Simply Soft” yarns and soft fabrics are appreciated.
NOTE: Adult size caps only – children and infant size caps are no longer accepted.
- Handmade pillows, tote bags, quilts and throws
- Pillows – neck, heart shaped and rectangular (10x12) are welcomed.
- Baseball caps - no commercial logos.
- Sudoku and Crossword Puzzle Books
Donated items cannot have religious messages or themes attached.
No gift tags.
Items accepted in excellent condition:
- Current magazines - issues no older than three months, foreign language magazines welcomed.
- Paperback Books – preferably fiction and nonfiction. Please, no Harlequins.
Our wish list:
- Magazine subscriptions – for women and men. Examples: People, US, Sports Illustrated, Good Housekeeping, Southern Living, Golf, and foreign language magazines.
- New scarves, turbans or bandanas
Items not accepted:
- Stuffed animals - including Beanie Babies
- Handmade or crocheted dolls
- Headbands, hair clips
- Stoma covers
- Jigsaw puzzles, playing cards and travel size games
- Wigs, hair pieces, hair
- Fabric and craft items
- Videos and DVDs
- Hardback books
- No random items