How You Can Help
Project VALET offers free mammograms to women age 40 and older living in Houston, who don’t have health insurance or a Harris Healthy System “Gold Card.” This project is a joint effort of MD Anderson Cancer Center, The Rose, the Houston Department of Health and Human Services (HDHHS) and Spring Branch Community Health Center.
Project VALET provides mammograms by arranging for MD Anderson's Mobile Mammography van to regularly visit several of the city's heath clinics. Screenings will be available throughout 2014.
How to Get a Screening Mammogram
1) To participate in this program, schedule an appointment with one of the following participating clinics:
For the HDHHS clinics below, call: 832-393-5428:
- La Nueva Casa De Amigos Health Center, 1809 North Main, 77009
- Northside Health Center, 8504 Schuller, Houston, TX 77093
- Sunnyside Health Center, 9314 Cullen, Houston, TX 77051
For a Spring Branch Community Health Center clinic:
- 1615 Hillendahl Blvd, Suite 100, Houston, TX 77055
Call 713-462-6565, press Option 3
- 8575 Pitner Road, Houston, TX 77080
Call 713-462-6545, press Option 3
2) Attend an education session at one of the participating clinics to learn what to expect at a mammogram and the importance of early detection for breast cancer.
3) Call and schedule the screening mammogram (number to call is provided at the education session).
Should diagnostic test(s) be required, patients will be referred to The Rose, a Houston non-profit breast cancer organization that provides services to low-income and uninsured women. Diagnostic exams are paid through Project VALET, for women who received a screening mammogram through this program.
For additional program information or questions, please contact:
Edith Silvas, Program Manager
email@example.com (713) 792-0718
Lucy Balderas, Program Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org (713) 792-5756
This program is funded in part by the Bass Family and the American Cancer Society.
Make a Donation
Help us support breast health for women in the Greater Houston area! Fill out our online donation form to provide continued funding for the Mobile Mammography Program.