How You Can Help
Who is Eligible for Mobile Mammography
- Women 35 years of age and older
- Have not had a mammogram in the last year
- No breast issues such as a lump or discharge from nipple area
- Are ambulatory and able to maneuver the unit stairs
- Have a referring physician (gynecologist, primary care or internist) willing to accept screening results
- Women aged 30-34 with a mother or sister who was diagnosed with breast cancer before age 50. The "10-year rule" (that is, with a relative diagnosed at age 42, eligibility begins at age 32) will be applied.
- Women not currently undergoing treatment, or with a history of breast cancer treatment, can be screened if they have had a unilateral mastectomy or benign lumpectomy and are cancer-free for 5 years
Who is Not Eligible for Mobile Mammography
- Women who have had a malignant lumpectomy and/or radiation treatment
- Pregnant or breast-feeding women
Women with breast implants should call 713-745-4050 to make an appointment at MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Make a Donation
Help us support breast health for women in the Greater Houston area! Fill out our online donation form to provide continued funding for the Mobile Mammography Program.