How You Can Help
Blood Bank Scholarship Program
The Blood Bank High School Scholarship Program allows seniors the opportunity to raise awareness and educate the public about the importance of donating blood for our cancer patients. We will be accepting applications for projects to increase blood donations. Each project will be evaluated and scored by an independent committee, and points are awarded for creativity, content and persuasiveness. Your ideas will help us in our mission of Making Cancer History®.
Fifteen scholarships totaling $20,000 will be awarded to Houston-area high school seniors.
How to Qualify
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be a graduating senior (regardless of whether or not you donate)
- Plan to attend an institution of higher learning within a year following the scholarship award
- Be in overall good-standing with school administration
- Submit a media project (details below)
- One entry per student
- Submit a statement of intent through email: email@example.com
- Submit a media project that educates and motivates individuals to donate blood for MD Anderson Cancer Center patients:
- Film a commercial, video, song, documentary
- Create a webpage, application, social media site
- Submit a power point presentation
- Any other creative professional-grade media
- School name cannot appear in the project
- Project must not be posted to any social media site
Each project will be evaluated and scored by an independent committee. Points will be awarded for creativity, content and persuasiveness.
How to Apply
- Print and complete the scholarship application form
- Provide official transcript(s) of all academic work completed (Only official transcripts will be accepted)
- Email the above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
For other inquiries and more information, please contact a Recruiter at 713-792-7788.
Application deadline is February 28, 2014.