Core Facilities and Services
Below is a listing of all facilities - departmental and other cores - and services to researchers at MD Anderson. Some of the cores may be available to external users; please contact the core directly to obtain availability and turnaround times.
Some of our core facilities are partially funded by the Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG), the Cancer Prevention Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT) or the Bone Disease Program of Texas (BDPTx). In prioritizing use of CCSG facilities, precedence will be given to MD Anderson peer-reviewed investigators. Please cite the appropriate funding source when using these facilities.
A Memorandum of Understanding amongst all UT Health Science Institutions allows all UT Health Science Center members to share core services without the need to pay external overhead charges.
A similar Memorandum of Understanding with Baylor College of Medicine allows BCM researchers to use some MD Anderson cores without paying external overhead charges.
- Biospecimen Extraction Facility - Baylor College of Medicine Shared Core
- BDPTx: Bone Histomorphometry Core Laboratory - Baylor College of Medicine Shared Core and Program
- Cancer Genomics Core Laboratory Services - Baylor College of Medicine Shared Core
- CCSG: Characterized Cell Line Core Facility - Baylor College of Medicine Shared Core
- CCSG: Flow Cytometry and Cellular Imaging Facility - Baylor College of Medicine Shared Core
- CCSG: Genetically Engineered Mouse Facility
- Hematopathology Services
- CCSG: High Resolution Electron Microscopy Facility - Baylor College of Medicine Shared Core
- Immunology Optical Microscopy Laboratory
- Michale E. Keeling Center for Comparative Medicine and Research
- Molecular Cytogenetics Facility - Baylor College of Medicine Shared Core
- Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory
- CCSG: Monoclonal Antibody Core Facility
- Mouse Genetic Services
- Multidisciplinary Gynecologic Cancer Translational Research Tissue Bank
- Sequencing and Microarray Facility - Baylor College of Medicine Shared Core
- Sequencing and ncRNA Program - Baylor College of Medicine Shared Core
- CCSG: Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Facility
- Pathology Second Opinion and Consultation Service
- CCSG: Patient-Reported Outcomes, Survey and Population Research (PROSPR) Shared Resource
- Pharmaceutical Science Facility
- Proteomics Facility - Baylor College of Medicine Shared Core
- Radiation Dosimetry Services
- CCSG: RPPA Core Facility - Functional Proteomic
- Science Park
- siRNA Core Facility - Baylor College of Medicine Shared Core
- CCSG: Small Animal Imaging Facility
- Solexa Sequencing Core - Center for Cancer Epigenetics
- SPORE Tissue Resource and Pathology Cores
Listed below are facilities at Baylor College of Medicine that are included in the Memorandum of Understanding. External use of BCM cores by MD Anderson researchers is at the discretion of each core director.
- Genome-wide shRNA Screening (GRSA/C-BASS)
- Integrated Microscopy
- Mass Spectrometry Proteomics
- Monoclonal Antibody/Recombinant Protein Expression (Baculovirus component)
- Optical Imaging and Vital Microscopy (OIVM)
- Protein and Antibody Array Proteomics (Luminex services and forward antibody arrays)
- RNA In Situ Hybridization
- MHC Tetramer
Additional core resources are available to MD Anderson researchers through the UT Health Institution Core Sharing Network. Please contact one of the individual cores below to see if they are interested and have availability.