Services and Pricing
Among the services provided by the facility are:
- Consultation and assistance in the design of experiments to utilize TEM and SEM
- Conventional processing of samples for SEM and TEM
- Research and development of novel techniques to meet the demands of individual research projects
- Provide assistance in screening samples
- Provide assistance in interpretation of data and recommend subsequent and future experiments
- Foster collaborations
Effective July 1
The High-Resolution Electron Microscopy Facility will increase its user fees by 25% (for both MD Anderson and users from other academic centers). The new fees will be as follows:
- MD Anderson investigators: $50.00/hour
- Other academic investigators: $62.50/hour
- Non-academic investigators: $100.00/hour
The facility operates on a charge-back basis only for processing of samples and the number of microscope hours used to screen samples with technical assistance. A service charge was calculated to cover the cost of reagents and expendable items, part of the service contract for microscopes, software upgrades, replacement or resharpening of diamond knives and purchase of photographic printer paper. The charge-back system operates on an authorized fund transfer from investigator accounts to the HREMF account.
Please note: Individuals with an outstanding balance for more than 45 days may be denied access to the HREMF.