Preparing Your Samples for Submission
- Design your experiment based on biological question. If your data needs to be analyzed statistically, please discuss your experiment design with your bioinformatics group prior to setting up your experiment.
- Prepare your RPPA samples (protein lysates) from cultured cells or tissue samples based on the procedures provided on the Antibody Lists and Protocols page.
- Adjust the final protein concentration to approximately 1-1.5 µg/µl (no less than 0.50 µg/µl).
- Denature protein by 4XSDS sample buffer.
- A minimum 40 µl of protein lysate is required for RPPA analysis.
Current Sample Types Accepted by the RPPA Core Include:
- Cultured cells
- Mouse xenografts
- Frozen human tissue
We DO NOT accept FFPE samples for RPPA Processing, due to the lack of quality and analyzable protein present within this sample type.
Biological replicates are encouraged.
Submitting Your Samples to the RPPA Core
DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SAMPLES UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR ONLINE REQUEST, RECEIVED APPROVAL, AND HAVE SET AN APPOINTMENT FOR SAMPLE DROP OFF / SAMPLE SHIPMENT. (APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE: MONDAY-FRIDAY BETWEEN 9:00AM-4:00PM)
- Go to mdanderson.ilabsolutions.com and set up your account. Once that is complete, you can request RPPA services here
- Wait for approval of service request, then email firstname.lastname@example.org to set an appointment for sample submission
- Label sample vials clearly and exactly to match the order on the Sample List you filled out online (Write sample order number on the top of the vial and do not put stickers or labels around the outside of the the vials)
- Pack samples on dry ice
- Print off your online request and submit your samples and form to 2SCR2.2207 (Attn: Keri Sherman)
Ship to: MD Anderson Cancer Center (Attn: Keri Sherman)
7435 Fannin Street, 2SCR2.2207, Houston, TX 77054
Payment for RPPA Services
INSIDE MDACC: PeopleSoft Account Number
OUTSIDE MDACC: Our preferred method of payment is by Credit Card. You can complete the Credit Card Authorization Form and upload it with the online request form (There are instructions on the iLab site for this).
We can also accept a PO (Purchase Order) or Wire Transfer if paying by credit card is not possible. Please Click Here to obtain our MDACC Institutional Information to help you create your PO.