Sequencing and Microarray Facility (SMF)
Core Lab Consolidation
The CCSG-supported Genomics Facility (GF) and the DNA Analysis Facility (DAF) have consolidated their activities to form a comprehensive institutional genomics shared resource: the Sequencing and Microarray Facility (SMF).
The mission of the consolidated Sequencing and Microarray Facility is to support genomics research at MDACC by providing investigators with access to state-of-the-art instrumentation and a high level of technical expertise in a centralized facility, thereby minimizing the duplication of expensive equipment, maintaining technical excellence and enhancing research collaborations. The facility’s primary focus is sequencing and microarray technologies.
The consolidated facility has combined the expertise of two existing facilities to provide investigators with:
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Sanger DNA Sequencing
- Gene Resequencing
Target Preparation, Hybridization and Imaging on the following platforms:
Other SMF Services:
- Sample Quality Check (DNA and RNA)
- Fluorescent Fragment Analysis
- Taqman-based Gene Expression Analysis
In addition to the standard services, the SMF provides custom services tailored to the individual needs of the investigator. Custom services include:
- Project design and technology consultations,
- Assay design and optimization and
- Assistance with result interpretation.
The SMF provides sample collection from several MDACC campuses.
Sample Drop-off Locations Include:
- SMF main lab located in BSRB S15.8425- Open Monday to Friday from 8am to 5:30pm
- Main Campus: Room Y8.5319 (cold room) - Sample pick-up Mon-Fri at 8:30am and 12:30pm
- South Campus: Loading dock freezer (top shelf) –Sample pick-up Mon-Fri at 8:30am
- SRB: Cold room 1.29 - Sample pickup Mon-Fri at 8:30am