How to Use I*CARE
Free Continuing Education Credit
- Directions for obtaining free CME credit online are listed in the Free CME Credit Online section.
- Risk Management Education credit is available only to physicians enrolled in The University of Texas Professional Liability Insurance Plan.
- If you are applying for both CME and RME credits for the same module, you MUST view the video through the CME link and then print both the CME forms (found on the right side of the video page) and the RME forms (found below the video window) and send to the appropriate offices.
- The Fundamental Principles videos are more instructional in nature and meant to introduce viewers to basic concepts in communication skills.
- The Managing Difficult Communication videos are suitable not only for learning concepts and techniques but also for group discussion or use as "stimulus tapes" to promote reflective learning (See On Being An Oncologist).
- Anyone wishing a copy of the videos may download or subscribe to the videos at the I*CARE section on MD Anderson on iTunes U. (Link will open in iTunes; you must have iTunes software (a free download from Apple) installed to launch this link. Pages will open in a new browser window.)
- You may purchase a DVD of the videos by contacting email@example.com. DVDs are provided at cost plus shipping and handling fees.
On Being An Oncologist
- This video was created as a reflective exercise so that clinicians could become familiar with and discuss some of the stresses and demands of oncology practice.
- More specific suggestions on how to use the video are covered in the introduction on page 1 of the workbook for On Being An Oncologist, which may be downloaded free. Hard copies may be purchased at cost plus shipping and handling fees by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This program may be viewed for CME and RME credit through these links or through the Teaching Communication Skills links.
Note: The streaming video requires a high-speed internet connection (DSL, cable or LAN). If your connection is by dial-up modem, internet viewing will not be satisfactory. If the video pauses, it will start up again shortly. This is usually caused by a slow internet connection. Adobe Flash Player version 11.0 or above is required to be installed for Flash videos.
John P. McGovern Award for Excellence in Biomedical Communication
Applying for both CME and RME?
If you are applying for both CME and RME for the same module, you MUST view the video through the CME link and then print both the CME forms (found on the right side of the video page) and the RME forms (found below the video window) and send to the appropriate offices.