There are numerous educational events that credentialed physicians, nurses and allied health personnel can participate in that are offered through MD Anderson and Physicians Network. Almost all of these educational events are approved for Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) credit.
Multidisciplinary Planning Conferences (MPCs)
Multidisciplinary Planning Conferences occur two or three times monthly, and we welcome your participation.
Purpose of MPCs
To facilitate clinical collaboration in the care of patients prospectively (before treatment is initiated) at Physicians Network Affiliate Sites; and to discuss the multidisciplinary treatment options for those patients with MD Anderson faculty.
- Build and enhance relationships between Physicians Network credentialed physicians and MD Anderson faculty through scheduled educational forums.
- Impact the care of cancer patients being provided in the community through increased affiliate site physician interaction with MD Anderson faculty.
- Facilitate didactic discussion on current cancer issues and topics.
- Provide CME and CNE credit hours (one Category I AMA PRA CME credit) to Physicians Network credentialed physicians and 1.0 nursing contact hour for nurses who document their participation.
- The total transmission time for each MPC will be one hour.
- Each Affiliate Site will be asked to present at least one clinical case per MPC.
- The Affiliate Sites will send the de-identified case information along with the MPC Source Documentation Form to the Physicians Network Program Manager, Provider Relations prior to each MPC according to the schedule.
- Each case submitted should include the pathology, diagnostic imaging, most recent H&P, and the most pertinent surgical, radiation, and chemotherapy or progress notes on Powerpoint slides. Additionally, diagnostic imaging slides can be transferred during videoconference, if desired.
- Physicians Network credentialed providers and nurses will complete and return the CME or CNE verification and program evaluation forms to the Affiliate Physicians Network liaison to receive their CME or CNE credit.
- Program evaluation forms and CME or CNE verification forms will be collected and forwarded to the Physicians Network Program Manager, Provider Relations.
Guideline Update Videoconferences
The MD Anderson Clinical Guidelines form the basis for the multidisciplinary treatment planning process. These guidelines are disease site and stage specific, evidence based with references and supported by expert opinion.
For disease sites where no MD Anderson clinical guidelines exist, National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guidelines will be used.
The guideline update videoconferences are designed to educate the physicians and clinical staff at Physicians Network Affiliate sites on the latest changes and updates to the MD Anderson Clinical Guidelines. The expected outcome is that physicians will utilize these guidelines in their clinical practice as a resource in the treatment planning process for patients. Physicians who participate in these videoconferences are eligible to receive up to two Category I AMA PRA CME credits and nurses who document their participation will receive 1.0 nursing content hour of CNE.
Previous Guideline Update Videoconferences
Future Guideline Videoconferences
Breast Invasive and Non- Invasive- December 18, 2012
- Oral/ Tongue and Larynx
- Gynecology (Cervical)
- Follicular Lymphoma and Gastric MAL T Lymphoma
- Colon and Rectal
- Head & Neck
Once these guidelines have been updated, the videoconference dates will be provided to you and posted on our website. We welcome your participation.
Annual Cancer Symposium
The 2013 symposium will consist of four days focused on providing information about changing paradigms in diagnostic and therapeutic interventions in cancer therapy. Presentations by lectures, interactive case presentations and "Meet the Professors" sessions will highlight new information and answer critical questions. We hope that you will be able to attend.
Review previous symposium programs below:
- MD Anderson Cancer Center and MD Anderson Physicians Network 2011 Symposium Program
- First Annual Symposium Program (pdf)
- Second Annual Symposium Program (pdf)
- Third Annual Symposium Program (pdf)
- Fourth Annual Symposium Program (pdf)
- Fifth Annual Symposium Program (pdf)
- Sixth Annual Symposium Program
MD Anderson Continuing Education Programs
Review additional continuing education opportunities available at MD Anderson Cancer Center for physicians, nurses and ancillary personnel.
Speaker’s Bureau Educational Series
Physicians Network has established a Speaker’s Bureau Educational Series. The Speaker’s Bureau draws upon expertise from MD Anderson faculty, staff and national experts. Its sole purpose is to provide credentialed physicians, nurses and allied health personnel information pertaining to timely and sometimes controversial topics in oncology.
Castrate Resistant Prostate Cancer: February 26, 2013
Cancer Genetics: March 13, 2013