News and Publications
News Releases and Articles
- MD Anderson and Karyopharm Announce New Phase of Prostate Cancer Drug Trial. (Bio-News Texas, June 10, 2014)
- Promising Experimental Cancer Drug. A new treatment for prostate cancer offers new hope to men. (ABC News, February 20, 2009)
Events and Resources
- Free Prostate Cancer Screenings every Wednesday to men over the age of 40 and without health insurance. Screenings are limited to 10 patients each Wednesday and are held at 7:00 a.m. in the Mays Clinic Building at MD Anderson Cancer Center. To schedule an appointment, please call 713-792-3250. For general information about prostate cancer, visit MD Anderson's prostate cancer website.
- The National Cancer Institute provides resource information on prostate cancer.
- "Evening of Hope" Wine Event Benefits Prostate Cancer Research. Saturday, September 27, 2014, 6 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. to benefit prostate cancer research. Visit www.tpcr.org for more information.
- 7th Annual Prostate Health Conference, Saturday, September 23, 2014, 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., South Campus Research Building II, 7435 Fannin Street at Old Spanish Trail
- View the 2014 conference announcement
- Tex US TOO!
A prostate cancer survivor support group that provides support, counseling and education to assist men with prostate cancer in making decisions about their treatment.
- Tony's Prostate Cancer Research
A nonprofit organization whose mission is to raise awareness of prostate cancer and fund research for a non-invasive cure.
Related Care Center, Research Center and Departments
Genitourinary Medical Oncology Fellowship Program