CCIR Distinguished Seminar Series
Invited Speakers for Fiscal Years 2012 and 2013
- November 10, 2011: "Frontiers in Therapeutic Manipulation of the Tumor Microenvironment: the Case of the PD1 Pathway" Drew Pardoll, M.D., Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University
- December 8, 2011: "Deconstructing Cancer Immunoediting" Robert Schreiber, Ph.D., Washington University
- January 5, 2012: "Generating and Maintaining Memory CD8 T Cells" John Harty, Ph.D., University of Iowa
- February 15, 2012: "Taking T Cell Therapies to Phase 3 and Licensure" Cliona Rooney, Ph.D., Baylor College of Medicine
- March 1, 2012: "Alternative Pathways for Memory CD8 T Cell Generation" Stephen Jameson, Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- April 5, 2012: "T Cell Traffic and Retention: Challenges and Opportunities for Immune Therapy of Melanoma" Craig Slingluff, M.D., University of Virginia
- May 3, 2012: "Targeting Foxp3+ Treg Cells to Promote Host Anti-tumor Immune Responses" Wayne Hancock, M.D., Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- June 7, 2012: "Roles of TRAFs in the Regulation of B-cell Function and Malignancy" Gail Bishop, Ph.D., University of Iowa
- October 31, 2012: "Origins of CD4+ Memory T Cells" Marc Jenkins, Ph.D., University of Minnesota Medical School
- November 14, 2012: "Exosomes: Mediators and Biomarkers of Disease" Douglas Taylor, Ph.D., University of Louisville
- December 6, 2012: "Innate and Adaptive Immunity Regulated within the Tumor Microenvironment" Thomas Gajewski, M.D., Ph.D., University of Chicago
- January 10, 2013: "Immunoregulation of Graft-versus-Host Disease" Bruce Blazer, M.D., University of Minnesota
2011 Dallas-Fort Worth Living Legends
Robert Coffman, Ph.D., of Dynavax Technologies
"Development of vaccine adjuvants and novel therapeutics for autoimmune disease by regulating toll-like receptor activity"
2011 R.E. "Bob" Smith Lecture
Max Cooper, M.D., of Emory University School of Medicine
"Ancient antibodies against cancer cells"
2011 R.E. "Bob" Smith Lecture
Tasuku Honjo, M.D., Ph.D., of Kyoto University School of Medicine
"Dilemma of AID: Infection or Cancer"
2010 R.E. "Bob" Smith Lecture
Bob Beutler, M.D., of The Scripps Research Institute
2008 Dallas/Ft. Worth Living Legends Professorship
Jacques Banchereau, Ph.D., of Baylor Institute for Immunology Research
"Taking dendritic cells into medicine"
2008 R.E. "Bob" Smith Lecture
K. Frank Austen, M.D., of Harvard Medical School
"Developmental biology and effector functions of mast cells"
2007 R.E. "Bob" Smith Lecture
Shimon Sakaguchi, M.D., Ph.D., of Kyoto University
"Regulatory T cells in immunological self-tolerance"
2006 R.E. "Bob" Smith Lecture
Dan Littman, M.D., Ph.D., of New York University
"Transcriptional networks in the regulation of inflammatory cells"
2005 R.E. "Bob" Smith Lecture
Lewis Lanier, Ph.D., of University of California - San Francisco
"NK receptors in innate immune responses"
2004 R.E. "Bob" Smith Lecture
Hugh McDevitt, M.D., of Stanford University
"T cells and dendritic cells in the initiation of type 1 diabetes mellitus"