The CABI is located at 1881 East Road, about one and a half miles from the Main Building on MD Anderson’s North Campus.
Drive south on Bertner Avenue, crossing Braeswood and Old Spanish Trail. The center is at the corner of Bertner Avenue and East Road. If you are traveling from an MD Anderson building and prefer not to drive, please call 713-792-2338 to request a patient shuttle. Call back when you are ready to return.
HOURS OF OPERATION - South Campus Imaging FacilityMonday to Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., Weekends and After-Hours time, as needed with approval of the Imaging Core Manager.
PARKING & TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
Thirty spaces for self parking are located at the front of the building, with eight spaces designated for patients having daily procedures. The remaining spaces are intended for visitors and UT Health Science Center Staff only. Patients and visitors will need to provide the required information on the Parking Log at the reception desk upon arrival.
Valet Services are not available at this time.
Patients and their family will be greeted by the Receptionist or other CABI imaging core staff. Patients must present at least two patient identifiers, i.e. name and medical record number. If required, the patient will be provided with appropriate paperwork to complete.
Patients and Visitors are encouraged to bring a sweater or shawl as well as books or magazines to read while waiting.
The lobby offers a computer for patient and visitor use, as well as internet connections for personal devices.
CHILDREN VISITORSIt is anticipated that the patients whose children, under age 18, will not accompany them for CABI appointments. However in the event this happens there are options.
- Children may wait in the SCBR3 lobby along with their non-patient adult family member or friend. These children may be screened and receive an entry sticker.
- As an alternate Child Visitation Services are provided in Mays Clinic and the Main Building (for MD Anderson patients only) please contact the appropriate center for details.
- Main building, Floor 1, near Elevator E (P1.3159), call (713) 745-0577
- Mays Clinic, Floor 2, near the tree sculpture (ACB2.1510), call (713) 563-6545
Current provides interpreters in person and over the phone to remote locations, such as the CABIR. Service is provided as follows:
- 25 staff interpreters providing interpretation services in 9 different languages.
- For other languages an agency is used that provides in-person interpreters.
- Weekdays, 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
o CABI staff must be given a minimum of 24 hrs advance notice
o Ensure availability to this location
o Allow travel time for the interpreter
This facility does not have a full-service cafeteria. There is a sandwich and snack kiosk located on the second floor near the elevator, and vending machines next to the elevator on the first floor. The SCRB2 located at 7435 Fannin St. is within walking distance and has a full-service cafeteria. In addition, there are several eateries within a short driving distance from the center.